Vigil of All Saints
The Liturgical Year Vol.14 ~ Dom Gueranger Imprimatur 1927
Let us prepare our souls for the graces heaven is about to shower upon the earth in return for its homage. Tomorrow the Church will be so overflowing with joy, that she will seem to be already in possession of eternal happiness;but to-day she appears in the garb of penance, confessing that she is still an exile. Let us fast and pray with her; for are not we too pilgrims and strangers in this world, where all things are fleeting and hurry on to death? Year by year, as the great solemnity comes round, it has gathered from among our former companions new saints, who bless our tears and smile upon our songs of hope. Year by year the appointed time draws nearer, when we ourselves, seated at the heavenly banquet, shall receive the homage of those who succeed us, and hold out a helping hand to draw them after us to the home of everlasting happiness. Let us learn, from this very hour, to emancipate our souls; let us keep our hearts free, in the midst of the vain solicitudes and false pleasures of a strange land: the exile has no care but his banishment, no joy but that which gives him a foretaste of his fatherland.
- Latin Mass Propers Online – Full Latin – DivinumOfficium.Com – 11-1-2012
- Instruction On The Feast Of All Saints – Rev. Fr. Leonard Goffine’s The Church’s Year
- Gregorian Chant Propers in Latin – MP3 – Omnium Sanctorum
- All Saints Day - St. Gregory Thamaturgus
- All Saints Day for Kids – Holy Spirit Interactive for Kids
- Reflections on Vigil of All Saints & All Saints Day – Sanctus Simplicis
- All Saints’ Day Food Creations – Catholic Cuisine
…Orate pro nobis!