Jesus Hominum Salvator "Jesus, Saviour of men"
MOST HOLY NAME OF JESUS
Sunday after the Octave Day of the Nativity or January 2
DOUBLE, SECOND CLASS / WHITE
Extraordinary Form: The Most Holy Name of Jesus (Ordinary Form: The Epiphany of the Lord)
According to the 1962 Missal of Bl. John XXIII the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite this feast is celebrated on January 2. In the liturgical revisions of Vatican II, the feast was removed, though a votive Mass to the Holy Name of Jesus had been retained for devotional use. With the release of the revised Roman Missal in March 2002, the feast was restored as an optional memorial in the Ordinary Form on January 3. – Catholic Culture
INTROIT Philip. 2:10-11
In the Name of Jesus let every knee bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth: and let every tongue confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father. (Psalm) O Lord our Lord: hoe admirable is Thu Name in the whole earth! Glory be to the Father. In the Name…
At the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of the Father.
Ps. 8:2. O Lord, our Lord, how glorious is Your name over all the earth!
V. Glory be . . .
O God, Who didst constitute Thine only-begotten Son the Savior of mankind, and didst bid Him be called Jesus:mercifully grant, that we who venerate His Holy Name on earth, may fully enjoy also the vision of Him in heaven. Through the same our Lord.
Sit nomen Dómini benedíctum! "Blessed be the Name of the Lord!"
- The Power of the Holy Name of Jesus – Audio Sermon from AudioSancto.org
- Litany of the Most Holy Name of Jesus – The Church has granted an indulgence of 7 years for the recital of the Litany of the Most Holy Name.
- Prayers to the Holy Name
- St. Bernadino’s Devotion to the Holy Name of Jesus
- Story of the Holy Name of Jesus
- IHS Stencil – used to stencil/place the monogram of His Name ("IHS") over our doors for protection, in the same way that the Israelites in Egypt used lamb’s blood during the first Passover. ~Fisheaters
- Devotion to the Holy Name
- I.H.S. Coloring Page – from the Latin "Jesus Hominum Salvator" meaning "Jesus, Saviour of men"
- I.H.S. and Cross Coloring Page
“All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ……” Col 3:17