We should gain a great deal for Heaven at our meals; we should deprive ourselves of many little things which, without being hurtful to our body, would be very pleasing to the good God…
~ St. John Vianney
For the past few years I have been using meal plans from Wellness Mama. The convenience of the healthy meal plans and shopping list have been game changers for this homeschooling mama of seven. Any resource that helps to ensure that we eat healthy, real foods is always welcome.
For me, with a family of nine (three adults), meal planning is the only way that I’m able to get real food on our table within our tight budget. Gone are the days of having to spend numerous hours of scanning numerous sites and cookbooks to plan out a few days’ worth of meals, shopping lists, and converting recipe to accommodate my family size. That’s right, I’ve found a tedious free solution for meal planning.
Meal Planning Made Simple…
Real Plans offers the best healthy resources out there. Wellness Mama and many other providers of traditional/gluten-free/dairy-free, Paleo/Primal, and vegetarian meals have joined Real Plans.
Real Plans allows users to plan their own meals, customize the plan, add your own recipe, filter by ingredient, and more! It’s so easy that my ten year old can easily navigate and plan family meals with a customized shipping list.
Real Plans automatically generates a meal plan for you each week. You can choose in the settings to have them email it to you or just login and check it directly from the site.
Here are some of the great features that I love about Real Plans:
- Easy customization of menus
- Specify food allergy and you’ll never see recipes with those ingredients again!
- Customize how many people you are cooking for
- Select what days you want to generate meals for, what type of meals, and even if you want a big cooking day so you can batch-prepare meals ahead of time.
- Add family favorite recipes to your meal plan.
- Takes less than 10 min to finalize!
- Receive a custom shopping list that can be viewed on your mobile device.
- Specify the store you want to purchase each ingredient at, and even add a photo of the specific ingredient for the loving spouse that may need a bit of help. 😉
Here’s the best part…Real Plans is affordable at as little as $6/month!