Well, your child may have departed from you, but he has gone to Christ the Lord. For you his eyes have been shut, but they are opened to the eternal light: he is gone from your table, but is now added to the table of angels. The plant was uprooted from here, but planted in paradise. From the earthly kingdom he was transferred to the heavenly kingdom. You see what was exchanged for what. Are you sad because you no longer see the beauty of the face of your child? But this happens, because you do not see the real beauty of the soul with which he rejoices in the heavenly feast. How beautiful indeed is the eye that sees God! How sweet indeed is the mouth that is adorned with divine melodies!
O come, St. Rita, come to my aid and help me. Art thou not called the Saint of the Impossible, Advocate to those in despair? Then honor thy name, procuring for me from God the favor that I ask.
Prayer shared by mom, Cassandra with what looks to be a tear drop or a sprinkle of holy water.
PRAYER TO ST. RITA OF CASCIA
5.22.17 7:00pm Update
Baby Miriam is maxed out on blood pressure meds, her pressure keeps dropping and she takes no independent breaths, just her heart is steady.Prayers for Miriam’s blood pressure to regulate and for her to breathe on her own.Neurologist will be making an assessment this morning and Mom is anxiously waiting to hold her precious girl.
I am waiting for an update to be released/approved. Meanwhile, let us cover Mom, Dad, and family in our prayers.
Soothe the hearts of Cassandra & family, and grant that through the prayers of Mary, who grieved by the Cross of her Son, you may enlighten their faith, give hope to their hearts, and peace to their lives. Lord, grant mercy to all the members of this family and comfort them with the hope that one day we will all live with you, with your Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, forever and ever.
God’s peace be with you. May God console and comfort you.
Almighty everlasting God, lover of holy purity, who chose in your wisdom and goodness to call this woman’s child to your heavenly kingdom; be pleased also, O Lord, to show your mercy to this servant of yours, comforting her with your love, helping her to accept bravely your holy will. Thus comforted by the merits of your sacred passion, and aided by the intercession of blessed Mary, ever a Virgin, and of all the saints, may she be united at last with her child for all eternity in the kingdom of heaven. We ask this of you who live and reign forever and ever.
#prayersforhofamily #prayersforbabymiriam #stmiriamangelica #saintmiriamangelicaho #prayersforhofamily #strita #stmiriam #raisingsaints #bissisterhood #catholicmotherhood #infantloss #uterinerupture #catholicmom #catholicmotherhood #catholicdad #catholicfamily
I’ve actually celebrated 22 Mother’s Days of my own but this is the first one for me with 8 children!
22 years, 1 month, 15 days — 8082 days to be exact, of motherhood. BLESSED!
PRAYER FOR FIDELITY IN A MOTHER’S VOCATION
Dear God, give me the grace to appreciate the dignity of motherhood, which Thou hast been pleased to bestow upon me, and to fulfill its duties according to Thy Will. By my prayers and good example, may I lead my husband and my children closer to Thy Sacred Heart. Make me a devoted wife to my husband and a good mother to my children after the example of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Almighty God, I thank Thee for the blessed care and protection with which Thou hast embraced my family. I humbly submit to Thy decrees and resign myself to Thy Divine Providence. I grasp Thy guiding hand, and I shall never follow my own ways lest they lead me astray. Thy good pleasure shall be my happiness; Thy commandments shall be my only rule of conduct. Thy Will shall be my will, and Thy service shall be the object of all my desires.
Lord, grant me peace of mind because of my trust in Thy Providence, an unwavering and cheerful courage founded on my faith in Thy tremendous love, faithfulness to duty resulting from a constant awareness of Thy presence, and a firm hope of eternal reward.
Through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, I implore Thy blessing upon my family that we all may serve Thee faithfully in this life and deserve to be reunited in the eternal happiness of Thy heavenly Kingdom. Amen.
Saint John the Baptist, forerunner of the Messias, prepare the way for Jesus in the hearts of these children. Saint Tarcisius, keep safe the children who are making their first Communion.
Below is a list of all the FREE resources that we gather to help prepare our children for First Communion. Please leave a comment and share your favorite resource or how you plan to use any of the resources listed here.
Holy communion is the shortest and surest way to Heaven. There are others, innocence, for instance, but that is for little children; penance, but we are afraid of it; generous endurance of the trials of life, but when they come we weep and ask to be spared. Once for all, beloved children, the surest, easiest, shortest way is by the Eucharist. It is so easy to approach the holy table, and there we taste the joys of Paradise. ~Pope St. Pius X
- What First Communicants Need to Know – JOYfilledfamily via FSSP Parish Priest
- Communion Prayers – JOYfilledfamily
- Pope comments on 1st Communion, Fatima intercession
- Preparing for First Holy Communion – Catholic Culture
- Preparing for First Holy Communion – Shower of Roses
PRAYERS & MEDITATIONS:
- First Holy Communion Novena – by s.m.coyle with St. Therese of Lisieux
- Saint Thérèse’s First Communion, 8 May 1884
- St Gemma Galgani -A Patron Saint for children and First Communion
- Catechetical Meeting of the Holy Father with Children Who Had Received Their First Communion During The Year
- Ten Commandments Matching Game – JOYfilledfamily
- Ten Commandments Printable – Crusaders for Christ
- Ten Commandments Lap Book – Shower of Roses
- 7 Sacraments Craft & Printable – Shower of Roses
- First Communion Holy Card Printables – Holy Reflections
- Holy Eucharist Coloring Page – Brother Francis
- First Communion Handwriting Practice – Crusaders for Christ
- First Communion Catechism Printable – Crusaders for Christ
- Act of Contrition Printable – Crusaders for Christ
- Sign of the Cross Coloring Page – Crusaders for Christ
- Apostles Creed Printable – Crusaders for Christ
- Hail Mary Printable – Crusaders for Christ
- Hail Mary Printable Book – Crusaders for Christ
- Our Father Prayer Printable – Crusaders for Christ
- Our Father Prayer Printable Book – Crusaders for Christ
- Glory Be Printable – Crusaders for Christ
VIDEO & AUDIO:
- First Communion Days – audio book
- Act of Contrition Audio
- ANIMATION -The Weight of a Mass: A Tale of Faith
- Wopsy, the Adventures of a Guardian Angel – audio book
- The Ten Commandments – Cartoon on Amazon Prime
- Friar Alessandro speaks to children about Saint Francis and Holy Communion – My First Communion
- Two Eucharistic Miracles with Audio – My First Communion
- Sacraments: Eucharist – Sensum Fidelium
- Three Persons in One God, Hail Mary, Ten Commandments & More – Pro Multis Catholic Songs for Children Clip
- First Communion by Mother Mary Loyola
- The Christian Mother: the Education of Her Children and Her Prayer by Fr. Cramer
O Jesus, who hast loved us with such exceeding great love
as to give us the ineffable gift of the Holy Eucharist,
inflame us with a burning zeal to promote Thy glory
by preparing worthily the little children
who are to approach Thy holy table for the first time.
Protect, O Sacred Heart of Jesus,
these young souls from the assaults of evil,
strengthen their faith,
increase their love and endow them
with all the virtues that will make them worthy to receive
We ought to glory in the cross of our Lord Jesus
Christ: in whom is our salvation, life, and resurrection: by whom we
have been saved and delivered (Gal. 6:14). May God have mercy on
us, and bless us: may He cause the light of His countenance to shine
upon us, and may He have mercy on us (Ps. 66:2). ~ Introit from Holy Thursday
We’re entering deeper into Lent – Holy Week with another family tradition. This year we skipped on the wheat grass because the only thing I seem to be able to grow these days is my lil’ one due in weeks.
Below are more pics of our Empty Tomb Gardens over the years and a brief tutorial to make your own Empty Tomb Garden, just in time for Easter Sunday and the complete Easter season.
A reminder. “Let us hope that, by God’s mercy, the holy time we are now entering upon will work such a happy change in us, that, on the day of judgment, we may confidently fix our eyes on Him we are now about to contemplate crucified by the hands of sinners. The death of Jesus puts the whole of nature in commotion; the midday sun is darkened, the earth is shaken to its very foundations, the rocks are split: may it be that our hearts, too, be moved, and pass from indifference to fear, from fear to hope, and, at length, from hope to love; so that, having gone down, with our Crucified, to the very depths of sorrow, we may deserve to rise again with Him unto light and joy, beaming with the brightness of His Resurrection, and having within ourselves the pledge of a new life, which shall then die no more!” ~ The Liturgical Year of Don Gueranger
This is a wonderful Lenten/Easter project for the entire family. All ages will enjoy it. The Empty Tomb Garden provides a visual reminder of what we are preparing for during Lent, Christ’s Resurrection.
An Easter garden has three essential features: a mound with at least one cross to represent Calvary; a stone or stone structure to suggest the empty tomb; and lots of live greenery/flowers.
The children will have an opportunity to tend and nurture their gardens during Lent and beyond. They can meditate on Christ’s passion and offer an ejaculation while tending to their garden.
We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee.
Because by Thy holy Cross, Thou hast redeemed the world.
The grass will grow within days. It is wheat grass and can be eaten. It symbolizes new life.
The children will remove the stone on Easter morning, reveal the buried Alleluia, and rejoice!
DIY EMPTY TOMB GARDEN TUTORIAL
(supplies/prices listed are for a large group of children)
- Seed Starting Jiffy Mix ($3.80/bag – 1 bag made 14 mini gardens)
- Decorative rocks ($5.59/large bag of Mountain Granite from HomeDepot – 80+mini gardens. $1/small bag of decorative rocks from the Dollar Store – 2-3 mini gardens)
- Gravel (this is used as a bottom layer, not much is needed. I took my rock from my home garden)
- Wheat Berry ($.77/lb – 2lbs – 40 mini gardens. I found my wheat berries at Winco in the bulk bin foods.)
- Dessert Plastic Plates or shallow pots ($9.89/100 plates. I used plastic plates because they were the most economical choice for a large group. I found my plates at Smart-n-Final)
- Mini Terracotta Pots ($.24/ea at WalMart)
- Popsicle sticks ($1/150 sticks at the Dollar Store)
- Brown Paint
- Hot Glue Gun
- Spray Bottle
- Hand Shovel
- mix the seed starter/soil with water
- position tomb/terracotta pot in the desired location on plate/pot
- lay down the gravel on the plate, securing the pot into place.slightly build up the gravel for your hill.
- top the gravel with soil
- cover the entire soil with the wheat berries. press the wheat berries into the soil.
- add a layer of soil on top of the wheat berries. press down firmly. (this step is optional. it will slow the growth of the wheat grass.)
- clean the plate. remove the wheat berries from areas that you do not want grass to grow.
- create a path from the tomb with decorative rocks. this represents how the disciples ran to the tomb on Easter morning. add decorative rocks as desired
- insert the crosses
The grass grows faster with less top soil. The garden on the left of both pictures had a thick top soil packed tightly over the wheat berries.
Almighty and ever living God, whose Son Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene in a garden and called her to be the first witness of his Resurrection: we beseech thee to bless this humble garden wherein we have a remembrance of the mighty acts by which we have been saved; grant that all those who see it may ponder and adore the glory of the Cross and the mystery of his Resurrection and may sing with joy the victory hymn; through Jesus Christ our risen Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen ~Station at an Easter Garden
Empty Tomb/Easter Gardens: