The littles missed out on their CCM Co-op meeting today due to illness but that didn’t stop the crafting fun. It was my turn to lead the preschool children with CCM Gamma Week 7 materials.
The book selected was The Donkey Who Carried a King. The book selected makes a great read for Lent in preparation for Easter but it also provides a great mediation for Advent. I selected a craft that could double up for Advent, Christ the King and donkey felt stick puppets. It only required 240 cut pieces of felt.
Christ the King & Donkey Craft
The Donkey Who Carried a King
- Felt pieces for Christ the King and the donkey – I modified the patterns found here
- Red body, purple tunic, flesh tone head, brown beard and hair, gold crown, gray donkey, black mane, and pink nose.
- Aleene’s Craft Glue
- Popsicle stick to apply glue
- 2 – Large craft sticks
- Sequins (Christ’s crown)
- Black yarn (donkey’s tail)
- Hot glue gun
- Cut felt pieces
- Assemble Christ the King using the craft glue
- Red body, purple tunic, head, beard, hair, crown
- Assemble the donkey using the craft glue
- Gray body, pink nose, purple saddle, black mane, double tie black yarn to the tail
- Embellish as desired (i.e.; black eyes, sequins jewels on the crown, trim mane, etc…)
- Affix each felt character to a large craft stick using the hot glue gun