Pray once a day for 9 days, especially beginning 10 days before the Feast of Christ the King (the last Sunday in October).
Saturday October 18 – Sunday, Oct. 26, the traditional Feast of Christ the King in 2014
Say one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be before praying the following prayer:
O Lord our God, Thou alone art the Most Holy King and Ruler of all nations.
We pray to Thee, Lord, in the great expectation of receiving from Thee, O Divine King, mercy, peace, justice and all good things. Protect, O Lord our King, our families and the land of our birth.
Guard us we pray, Most Faithful One. Protect us from our enemies and from Thy just judgment. Forgive us, O Sovereign King, our sins against Thee.
Jesus, Thou art a King of Mercy. We have deserved Thy just judgment. Have mercy on us, Lord, and forgive us. We trust in Thy Great Mercy.
O most awe-inspiring King, We bow before Thee and pray: may Thy reign, Thy Kingdom, be recognized on earth. Amen.
JESUS, Thou didst declare that Thy Kingdom is upon the earth, but not of the earth; it is a spiritual, supernatural Kingdom, the Kingdom of truth. It fights with the power of conviction, and conquers by this means the hearts that by right belong to it. Thou Thyself art witness to this truth, and Thou Thyself art the Truth.
Jesus, I believe that Thou art truly a King because Thou hast come into the world to institute among people the rule of God; every person who is of the truth, who believes in God and recognizes His authority in human affairs, owes Thee a loyal and undivided allegiance and “hears Thy voice.”
As a Catholic I am a member of Thy Kingdom, and Thou art my King. To Thee I owe loyalty, obedience, and love. Help me to carry out these most sacred duties toward Thee. I wish to be “of the truth ” that is “a child of God” and gladly to hear Thy voice and follow Thee in all things. I accept Thee as my King and submit to Thy authority.
Reign supremely in my heart and in my life. Thy reign is heavenly peace; Thy law is love. Help me to pray and work that Thy Kingdom may come into every soul, every family, every nation.
Jesus, since I honor Thee as my King, I come to Thee with great confidence, asking Thee to grant this special favor, if it be Thy holy Will:
(Mention your request).
Lord Jesus Christ, my King, I adore Thee as the Son of God, and through the prayers of Thy most loving Mother I beg of Thee, send me from out of the abundance of Thy loving Heart the grace of the Holy Spirit in order that He may enlighten my ignorance, purify and sanctify my sinful heart, and confirm me in Thy holy love. This I request through the love of the Father and the Holy Spirit, through Thine infinite mercy, and through the merits of all Thy Saints. Amen.
CHRIST, Jesus, I acknowledge Thee as King of the universe. All that has been made has been created for Thee. Make full use of Thy rights over me.
I renew the promises I made in Baptism when I renounced Satan and all his pomps and works. I promise to live a good Christian life. Especially, I undertake to help, to the extent of my means, to secure the triumph of the rights of God and of Thy Church. Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer Thee my poor efforts so that all hearts may acknowledge Thy sacred Royalty and the Kingdom of Thy peace may be established throughout the entire universe. Amen.
Iesu dulcissime, Redemptor
Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the Feast of Christ the King
On the Feast of Christ the King, celebrated on the last Sunday of October (the Sunday before the Feast of All Saints) and initiated in 1925 by Pius XI in his Encyclical Quas Primas, there follows after the Mass a Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. We kneel before the Sacrament and recite the following consecration. Afterwards, there is a Litany and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. In praying the Consecration, going to Confession, and receiving the Eucharist on this day (when devoutly done), the faithful receive a plenary indulgence.
Most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us humbly prostrate before Thine altar. We are Thine, and Thine we wish to be; but, to be more surely united with Thee, behold each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Thy most Sacred Heart.
Many indeed have never known Thee; many too, despising Thy precepts, have rejected Thee. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them to Thy sacred Heart. Be Thou King, O Lord, not only of the faithful who have never forsaken Thee, but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned Thee; grant that they may quickly return to Thy Father’s house lest they die of wretchedness and hunger.
Be Thou King of those who are deceived by erroneous opinions, or whom discord keeps aloof, and call them back to the harbor of truth and unity of faith, so that there may be but one flock and one Shepherd.
Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism, and refuse not to draw them into the light and kingdom of God. Turn Thine eyes of mercy towards the children of the race, once Thy chosen people: of old they called down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior; may it now descend upon them a laver of redemption and of life.
Grant, O Lord, to Thy Church assurance of freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, and make the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry: “Praise be to the divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to it be glory and honor for ever.” Amen.
A partial indulgence is granted to the faithful, who piously recite the Act of Dedication of the Human Race to Jesus Christ King. A plenary indulgence is granted, if it is recited publicly on the feast of our Lord Jesus Christ King.
- Prayer to Christ the King – Catholic Tradition
- Litany of Christ the King – Catholic Culture
- Christ the King Sermons – AudioSancto
- Quas Primas (On The Feast Of Christ The King) – Pope Pius XI
- Dedication to Christ the King – Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest
- Christ our King: An explanation of the new feast from an historical and dogmatic standpoint. – Open Library
- An Invitation to Christ the King Printable Prayer Card – Holy Reflections
- Latin Mass Propers for the Feast of Christ the King – Una Voce, Orange County
- Domini Nostri Iesu Christi Universorum Regis – Gregorian Chant Propers in Latin
- Christ the King Felt Stick Puppet – JOYfilledfamily
- Christ the King Printable Craft – Family Feast and Feria
- Christ the Kin Medieval Crown Craft
- Christ the King Bejeweled Crown Craft
- Christ the King Royal Paper Crown
- Christ the King Paper Plate Crown
- Christ the King Ornament – Sanctus Simplicitus
- Foil Crown for a King
- Feast of Christ the King Coloring Page – Sanctus Simplicitus/Crusaders for Christ
- Christ the King Printables – Raising Little Saints
- Celebrating the Solemnity of Christ the King Music, Reflections, and Activity – Family Feast and Feria
- For Christ the King , words and music by Daniel A. Lord, SJ, printed 1940, by the Queen’s Work.
- Christ the King Sheet Music – Catholic Culture
- Christ the King Feast Day Games & Activities – Domestic-Church.com
- Feast of Christ the King Word Search – Sanctus Simplicutus
- Christ the King Word Search – Sermons 4 Kids
- Christ the King Printable Cupcake Toppers – Catholic Inspire