The Liturgical feast of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta is September 5, the anniversary of her death.
The novena started on August 27 – September 4 or August 28 – September 5.
“Our works of charity are nothing but the overflow of our love of God from within. Therefore, the one who is most united to Him loves her neighbor most.”
“Our activity is truly apostolic only in so far as we permit Him to work in us and through us–with His power, with His desire, with His love. We must become holy not because we want to feel holy, but because Christ must be able to live His life fully in us.”
“Let us spend ourselves with Him and for Him. Let Him see with your eyes, speak with your tongue, work with your hands, walk with your feet, think with your head and love with your heart. Is this not perfect union, a continual loving prayer? God is our loving Father. Let your light of love so shine before man that seeing your good works (the washing, sweeping, cooking, loving your husband and the children) they may glorify the Father.”
“Be holy. Holiness is the easiest way to satiate Jesus’ thirst, His for you and yours for Him.”
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“Charity for each other is the surest way to great holiness.”
ASK FOR THE GRACE TO BECOME A SAINT.
PRAYER TO BLESSED TERESA OF CALCUTTA:
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, you allowed the thirsting love of Jesus on the Cross to become a living flame within you, and so became the light of His love for all. Obtain from the heart of Jesus (here make your request). Teach me to allow Jesus to penetrate and possess my whole being so completely that my life, too, may radiate His light and love to others. Amen.
Immaculate Heart of Mary,
cause of our joy, pray for me.
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, pray for me.
- Mother Teresa of Calcutta Center – Official Site go to the bottom of the screen to stop the music player before selecting this link
- Mother Teresa of Calcutta – EWTN
- Mother Teresa Biography – Vatican
- Prayer Card
- Coloring Page 1– Waltzing Matilda
- Coloring Page 2 – Waltzing Matilda
- Children’s Embroidery Pattern – Waltzing Matilda
- Paper Doll – Paper dali
- All Saints’ Day –Mother Teresa of Calcutta – Blossoming Joy
- Food Ideas & Crafts – Family at the Foot of the Cross
- Mother Teresa Tea – Catholic Cuisine
VIDEO – AUDIO
- Mother Teresa You Tube
- Mother Teresa’s Commencement Address and Press Conference, delivered at Thomas Aquinas College in June of 1982.
POSTS & RELECTIONS
- JOYfilled Family: Blessed Mother Teresa Novena
- JOYfilled Family: 100th In Review
- JOYfilled Family: Novena to Bl. Teresa – Day 1
- JOYfilled Family: God Speaks In Silence
- JOYfilled Family: Centenary Reflections ~ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
- JOYfilled Family: Novena to Bl. Teresa – Day 2
- JOYfilled Family: Novena to Blessed Teresa
- JOYfilled Family: Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
- JOYfilled Family: Feast Day of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
- JOYfilled Family: Just One Drop
- JOYfilled Family: Last Week Of Advent
- JOYfilled Family: You are the Life
- JOYfilled Family: Novena to Blessed Teresa – Day 2
- JOYfilled Family: Blessed Teresa of Calcutta….Pray for Us!
- JOYfilled Family: Pilgrimage to Our Lady of Bethlehem – Day 1
- JOYfilled Family: 2nd Sunday of Advent
- JOYfilled Family: Orate Pro Nobis
- JOYfilled Family: 3rd Sunday in Advent
- JOYfilled Family: Ready To Begin Again
- JOYfilled Family: Sharing Our Joy
- JOYfilled Family: MC First Profession of Vows
- The Mother of All Mothers………… – JOYfilled Family
- JOYfilled Family: Love to Pray
- JOYfilled Family: 2013 Family Lenten Program & Lenten Resources
- JOYfilled Family: The Feast of the Holy Family
- JOYfilled Family: A Much Needed Consolation
- JOYfilled Family: Start of Advent
- JOYfilled Family: JOY Journal
- JOYfilled Family: Novena to Blessed Teresa – Day 6
- JOYfilled Family: Dessert & Prayers