Prayer to be prayed by the Mother giving Birth:
Lord God, You made us out of nothing and redeemed us by the Precious Blood of Your only Son. Preserve the work of Your Hands, and defend both me and the tender fruit of my womb from all perils and evils. I beg of You, for myself, Your grace, protection, and a happy delivery. Sanctify my child, and make this child Yours forever. Grant this through Christ Our Lord. Amen.
I need to be drawn closer to Our Lord when I enter into my agony – labor. He is the source of my strength. With His grace, meditating on His Passion brings me the necessary peace, strength, and perseverance needed to embrace my very long back labors. My last labor was 36 hours. I could not do it without HIM!
Gregorian Chant is my music of preference for all times, including my labors. It has a way of relaxing me and helping me set all my senses on Him.
I include almost any chant I can get my hands on but especially that which is used during the Lenten and other penitential seasons.
At the age of 17, Danielle Rose traveled to Delhi, India to volunteer with Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity. This experience gave her a desire to serve the poorest of the poor by offering her gift of music as a means of alleviating the spiritual poverty of America.
- A Mother’s Communion – On the Eucharistic & sacrificial nature of motherhood. (Luke 22:19-20; Song of Songs 5:1; Isaiah 55:1; Matthew 8:8; John 15:13)
- Sharing Calvary – On the meaning and value of redemptive suffering. (Luke 9:23, 23:32-43; Colossians 1:24; 1 Peter 4:13)
- The Saint That Is Just Me – On the universal call to holiness, and the hopeful invitation that God has created each one of us to become a saint according to His will. (Ephesians 1:18-23, 3:14-21; 4:1-16; 6:10-17; Romans 1:7; Phil 3:14; 2 Cor 11:27; Matt 10:8, 25:1-13; John 19:33)
Here is a list of my all-time favorite Danielle Rose songs (in no particular order):
- Holy Family – Lyrics – Matthew 18:20 (Although it is a blessing to go around the world to serve those who are in need, Mother Teresa often reminded us that it is more important to love and serve those right next to us, especially our family.)
- Pursue Me – Lyrics – (John 15:16)
- Agony in the Garden – Lyrics – The 1st Sorrowful Mystery: Agony in the Garden Based on Matthew 26:36-46, Mark 14:32-42, Luke 22:39-46 From the perspective of Jesus
- Mary’s Heart – Lyrics Luke 3:51 (This song is a prayer written by Mother Teresa. It is prayed by the Missionaries of Charity to prepare their hearts to receive Jesus in the poorest of the poor.)
- A Mother’s Song – Lyrics – The 5th Sorrowful Mystery: The Crucifixion
Based on John 19:25-27 From the perspective of Mary, Our Lady of Sorrows
- Crown of Thorns – Lyrics – The 3rd Sorrowful Mystery: Jesus is Crowned with Thorns
Based on Matthew 27:27-31, Mark 15:16-20, Luke 23:11 From the perspective of The Rose
I pray that I may truly surrender to Him, unite my suffering with Him, offer prayers of praise & thanksgiving for the gift of life that I am blessed to bear, and glorify Him with my labor.
“I beg you to make use of the cross that has become part of each one of you for salvation. I pray for you to have light and spiritual strength in your suffering, that you may not lose courage but may discover for yourselves the meaning of suffering and may be able to relieve others by prayer and sacrifice… Even pain and suffering have meaning and value when they are experienced in close connection with love given and received.” ~Blessed John Paul II
This this post is included in my pregnancy reflections. You can find the other posts of my 31 Days here.