On the occasion of the New Year 1935 Saint Maria Faustina made this entry in her spiritual Diary: "Jesus likes to intervene in the smallest details of our life. And He often fulfills secret wishes of mine that I sometimes hide from Him, although I know that from Him nothing can be hidden. There is a custom among us of drawing by lot on New Year’s Day, special patrons for ourselves for the whole year…”
We are trying to get an early start on 2013. Dad initiated the saint selection for the family’s patron saint for 2013. Then each of us took a moment for prayer before we allowed a saint to select us as our personal patron saint for the year.*
We used the Saint’s Name Generator.
Here are our patron saints for 2013:
- Family – St. Guy of Anderlecht – Feast: September 12
- Dad – St. Paul the Apostle – Feast: June 29; January 25 (celebration of conversion)
- Mom – St. Bernard Scammacca – Feast: February 16 (fitting since I am due with Baby G on Feb. 17)
- Rose – St. George – Feast: April 23
- Sparkles – St. Charles Borromeo – November 5 (old) – November 4 (new)
- Sweetie – St. Elizabeth Ann Seton – Feast: January 4
*Only those who receive or will receive Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist, selected a patron saint for the year. The boys will focus on growing in devotion to their namesakes.