Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Old ~ Feast Day – July 26
Anne and Joachim, her husband, were both of the royal house of David. They served God continually in prayer and good works, but were looked down upon by the Jews because they were childless. At length God gave them a daughter, who was to become the mother of His own divine son. Because St. Anne devoted herself ceaselessly to educating her child in innocence and sanctity, she is patron of all Christian mothers. St. Paul says that it is by a holy exercise of their parenthood that parents are to be saved (Col. 3:18-21).
I will meet on June 20 for the last Little Flowers meeting of the year. It has become a tradition to hold a day retreat for the last meeting of the year. We start the day with our normal meeting agenda. Then we break for Mass. We have lunch and then move onto the “retreat.” The retreat is time for faithfilled crafts, activities, and social time. Last year we were blessed to be joined by Father and two seminarians (who were ordained on 5.19).
This year’s retreat will start with a meeting on St. Anne & Responsibility. The second half of the day will be the official retreat — America for Mary, our Blessed Mother.
- St. Anne – Responsibility Divider Sheet
- Responsibility Activity Sheet
- St. Anne & Joachim Bio for Kids ~ Holy Spirit Interactive
- Responsibility Memory Verse ~ select landscape from printer options
- St. Anne Coloring Page ~ Waltzing Matilda
- Mum Coloring Page
- St. Anne Bio ~ EWTN
- Prayer to St. Anne ~ EWTN
- Titles of St. Anne ~ Catholic Tradition
- St. Anne’s Family Album ~ Waltzing Matilda
- St. Anne & Responsibility Memory Page ~ Shower of Roses
- Mum Cupcakes ~ Catholic Cuisine
- Little Flowers Link Up ~ Shower of Roses
click here for a printable spiritual bouquet sheet that can be used for children to draw a picture on and complete the sentence, I will offer for you and your intentions…
You, my dear child, have a very difficult and responsible task — you have to preserve your inno- cence; therefore go to your mother, to Mary, the sweet Mother of God. Dangers threaten, and hellish foes pursue you ; therefore fly to your Mother and cling fast to her protecting hand.
~ Fr. Lasance Catholic Girls Guide