Totus tuus ego sum, et omnia mea tua sunt, O Virgo, super omnia benedicta.
I am all yours, and all that is mine is yours, O Virgin, blessed above all.
My family’s annual renewal of our Montfortian Total Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary is on March 25 – Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. However, we were unable to renew during March of this year. Recently, we had the perfect opportunity to renew before the year was up.
Co-members of the Confraternity of St. Peter went on a pilgrimage to Barcelona & Montserrat, Spain and the Shrines of France. Prior to their departure, Confraternity members and fellow parishioners prepared for their Total Consecration.
Consecration and/or renewal was scheduled for Sunday, October 3. Parishioners gathered in church after Sunday Mass, prior to vespers to renew their consecration while the others simultaneously renewed their consecration at the Shrine of St. Louis de Montfort in W. France.
My whole family was in attendance. Praise be to God!
I invite you to make a Total Consecration for the first time or renew your consecration if you haven’t already done so this year.
I plan to organize an email loop for all bloggers, friends and family who desire to grow closer to Our Blessed Mother by way of Montfortian Total Consecration . If you are interested, please contact me (JOYfilledfamily at gmail dot com).
Here is a suggested Consecration schedule for the remainder of the year.
19 Oct Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary 21 Nov
5 Nov Immaculate Conception 8 Dec
9 Nov Our Lady of Guadalupe 12 Dec
“Those who desire to take up this special devotion… should spend at least twelve days in emptying themselves of the spirit of the world, which is opposed to the spirit of Jesus, as I have recommended in the first part of this preparation for the reign of Jesus Christ.”
~ St. Louis Marie de Montfort, True Devotion to Mary (TD) – TD 227
The basic premise is: Jesus came into the world though Mary. For us to always be assured of being close to Jesus, even closer than ever before, we should go through Mary. Consecration means to set aside for a sacred purpose. Consecration to Jesus through Mary according to the method of St. Louis de Montfort is a method used by Pope John Paul II.
Below is a general outline for the Total Consecration. Here is a link to the most thorough step by step guide to completing St. Louis De Montfort – Total Consecration.
Read “True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary”
- True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin – by St. Louis De Montfort. This book is the “meat” of Montfortian Spirituality
- True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin
- Spiritual Works of St. Louis De Montfort – There are in these web pages two books written by Saint Louis de Montfort. They are: Friends of the Cross and True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin . There is an external link to the book: The Secret of the Rosary.
- Secret of Mary – by St. Louis De Montfort. This is a letter describing Perfect Practice of True Devotion to Mary, also known as “slavery of the will.”
Choose a day for the Consecration
Begin the 33-Day Preparation for Consecration
Day 34: Day of Consecration
- Recite the Little Crown of the Blessed Virgin (3 ‘Our Fathers’ and 12 ‘Hail Marys’)
- Little Crown of the Blessed Virgin Mary – A morning prayer recommended by St. Louis De Montfort.
- Wear a chain or medal reminding us of holy slavery (optional practice)
- Have special devotion to the Mystery of the Incarnation
- Devotion and frequent recitation of the Rosary and the Magnificat
- Methods of Saying the Rosary – By St. Louis De Montfort Have ‘great contempt’ for the world and its maxims Make every effort do everything THROUGH, WITH, IN and FOR Jesus through Mary
- Free Consecration Packets – consisting of a pamphlet explaining the Total Consecration of Saint Louis de Montfort and a prayer book for the 33 day preparation prior to the Act of Total Consecration.
- Total Consecration – outline of the ‘process’ of Total Consecration. However, The Secret of Mary or the True Devotion to Mary should be read and prayerfully studied prior to making the commitment (they are available at this site).
- Total Consecration to Mary – This website is an open invitation to all Catholics who love Mary, our glorious Queen and immaculate Mother. She has been assumed body and soul into heaven and continues to watch over each of us from the vantage point of eternity. If you have ever received a grace from God, you can be certain that it passed first through her hands.
- True Devotion To The Blessed Virgin Mary – Mother Teresa, similar to that listed on Fisheaters
- Total Consecration Pod Cast – Rosary Army
- True Devotion to Mary – Links to FREE Online books.
- True Devotion Video – Fr. Hugh, working with the Apostolate for Family Consecration, offers an extended series of video presentations on St. Louis de Montfort’s True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Montfortian Religious – In these pages you can read about the life of St. Louis Marie, about his writings and his Spirituality, and you can obtain more information concerning the three Congregations.
- 30 Days Consecration Preparation – This manual finds its origin in a spiritual intuition of Saint Louis-Marie de Montfort (1673-1716) that came to reality in the course of our missionary experience in the Philippines. This second and extensively revised edition answers the earnest request from many a people throughout the world to be assisted by the Montfortian spirituality on their journey to Christ. Indeed, the encounter with Christ is a “pilgrimage of faith”, John Paul II says in his encyclical Redemptoris Mater.
- Jesus Living in Mary – Handbook of the Spirituality of St. Louis de Montfort
- Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin – St. Louis de Montfort
- Sermon on True Devotion to Mary – Audio Sancto
- Who is Mary? – This homily was given during a retreat for the Deacons of the Diocese of Brooklyn at the Montfort Spiritual Center in Bayshore, NY. 24.41 min
- Montfort Publications
- Montfort Photo Album
“…O admirable Mother, present me to thy dear Son as His eternal slave, so that as He has redeemed me by thee, by thee He may receive me! O Mother of mercy, grant me the grace to obtain the true Wisdom of God; and for that end receive me among those whom thou lovest and teachest, whom thou leadest, nourishest and protectest as thy children and thy slaves…” ~ Consecration
I plan to add to this post as I collect additional links.