My Little Flowers group has started their 2010-2011. There are 27 girls ranging in ages from 5 to 8. My returning girls are skilled crafters. However, I wanted to gauge the skill level of the new LF girls. This was the perfect craft, key tag necklaces. I found my inspiration from another blog.
Craft Level: 1-2 (1 being the easiest)
Majority of the prep is done by the parent ahead of time.
Cost per craft*: $.80/necklace $21/30 necklaces
*this does not include the crafting tools
Xyron sticker maker or glue
Key Tags (Avery 11025) - $8/50 tags $0.16/tag
Sunflower pictures (represents the virtue of faith)
Faith Sheet on decorative yellow paper
Bright Yellow Ribbon (represents the virtue of faith) – $0.50/10 yards $0.05/necklace
St. Catherine of Siena medal – $0.60/medal
1. Print sunflower sheet
1.a. Cut out 1 in circles of your desired sunflower clip
2. Print Faith Sheet on decorative yellow paper
2.a. Cut out 1 in circles around “faith”
4. Adhere the stickers to the key tag. Faith on one side and the sunflowers on the other.
5. Punch a hole in the top of stickers where the original key tag hole is located
6. String a pre-cut yellow ribbon through the St. Catherine of Siena medal and the created key tag.
7. Tie a knot at the end of the ribbon, fit-to-size.
“Faith is confident assurance concerning what we hope for, and conviction about things we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1