I did a quick craft today while the kids were upstairs doing this…..
I purged during my Lenten cleaning but there were some items I held onto in the case of “what-if.” This was one of those items, a spinning spice rack.
I purchased this about 4 years ago from Costco and barley used it. I tried to give it away to two homes. I didn’t have any takers.
It sat at my kitchen island for about 2 weeks. Finally, I had an epiphany as I was going through my glass tile stuff .
I decided to keep the spice rack and turn it into a craft caddy for my glass tile necklace supplies.
I dumped the old spices and soaked the containers for days. I began to use the caddy for my tile storage but did not complete the decoration process.
I thought I would wait until I took a trip to a craft store for cute paper. Needless to say, I never made it and am no longer enthused about spending money for stuff thanks to one of my Lenten sacrifices.
I found left over paper from this project and decided to get her done. Thanks, Amy for your promptings.
1. Trace lid onto decorative paper
2. Fold and cut traced area for the number of cutouts needed
3. Brush a light coat of Mod Podge on the top of the lid
4. Adhere the decorative cut out
5. File the edges around the lid for a clean look (This is my favorite step. It gives the project a custom look.)
6. Brush a light coat of Mod Podge over the decorative paper
Here’s the finished project.